At Manitoulin Transport, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) extends beyond its terminals and offices. The program covers Manitoulin’s active participation in the industry, communities, and the environment. The company is deeply committed to the CSR initiatives, given its impact on society, both the present and future generations. The program aims to bring about lasting change and improvements that will have a profound effect on communities across Canada.
Manitoulin’s Corporate Social Responsibility include:
- Engaging, respecting and supporting the communities and cultures with which we work
- Supporting human rights and equality
- Safety of people
- Protection of the environment
- Conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner
BUSINESS ETHICS AND TRANSPARENCY
Manitoulin is committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity within its corporate governance practices. These are applied throughout the company and in all business transactions. Ethical business practices are crucial to the company’s operational foundation, as they are fundamental to the continued success of the organization. Manitoulin conducts all aspects of its business honestly and ethically.
Red may come to mind when you think Manitoulin, but so should green.
Being environmentally responsible is a top priority. Manitoulin always looks for ways to reduce its environmental impact, through operational efficiency and supply chain sustainability. The company focuses on investing in new technology and equipment that will help mitigate its carbon footprint.
Manitoulin has lessened its carbon footprint through:
- Strict speed limit policies
- Driver training programs
- Anti-idling monitoring
- Increase trip load factor: fewer trips = less fuel
- Route planning
- Newer engines that burn fuel more efficiently
- Investments in:
- Aerodynamic tractors and trailers that reduces fuel consumption
- Alternative fuel vehicles: electric forklifts; natural gas and electric shunt trucks
- Onboard state-of-the-art technology measures vehicle and driver performance, ensuring compliance with Manitoulin’s green standards
Manitoulin Transport tractor and trailer aerodynamic features:
Manitoulin Transport is a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership.
MANITOULIN TRANSPORT, as a transportation solutions provider, is committed to protecting the environment and continually improving our environmental performance.
- Minimize the adverse environmental impact of all activities, including those at our head office, operations, and maintenance, wherever possible.
- Reduce vehicle emissions and improve recycling and waste management, which not only supports our commitment to prevention of pollution, but also our commitment to continual improvement.
- Comply with all relevant and applicable legal requirements and any other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Set and review environmental objectives and targets annually at our management review meetings, in order to continually improve our environmental management system and our environmental performance.
First Canadian Company To Be Given ISO 14001 Certification
Manitoulin Transport is proud to be the first Canadian transportation and logistics company to be ISO 14001 certified in recognition of its Environmental Management System. The certification solidifies Manitoulin’s position as a leader in sustainability in the transportation industry, as it continues to implement progressive environmental programs and initiatives. In June of 2017, Manitoulin successfully upgraded to the latest ISO 14001:2015 environmental management standard.
Manitoulin provides its services through an organizational structure that is reflective of the multicultural society in which it operates. As a business practice, it treats all individuals, organizations, corporations, and government with respect and dignity.
Manitoulin exercises a positive work environment where ideas and open dialogue are encouraged. It’s a business entity where no one is discriminated because of race, sex, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion.