Manitoulin Transport’s technology solutions are designed with the customer in mind to streamline processes and improve operational efficiency. Manitoulin Transport’s full technology suite provides stable, predictable, and trustworthy solutions to ensure no business interruptions. All mission critical technologies are supported in-house with ongoing development and enhancements to ensure customers are benefitting from the best technology the industry has to offer. Here are 5 Manitoulin Transport technologies that improve operational efficiency and the customer experience:
1. Customized Transportation Management System (TMS) – Manitoulin Transport’s customized TMS is specifically designed to cater to the unique requirements of the LTL (Less-Than-Truckload) industry and provides a comprehensive set of features and functionalities including order management, freight rating and pricing, dispatch and routing, billing and invoicing, and reporting and analytics. Manitoulin has a dedicated development team to continuously improve our TMS using current agile methodologies.
The TMS is designed to integrate with Manitoulin Transport’s other systems and technologies. It allows seamless data exchange with partners, customers, and internal systems, facilitating efficient workflows and reducing manual data entry. The system is also scalable, accommodating the growing needs of Manitoulin Transport’s expanding operations.
The TMS prioritizes data security and compliance with industry standards. It employs encryption, access controls, and other security measures to protect customers’ sensitive information. The system also helps in adhering to regulatory requirements and industry-specific compliance standards.
2. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) – Manitoulin Transport supports EDI, a standardized electronic communication format for exchanging business documents and data. EDI integration allows faster and more accurate processing of orders, invoices, and other essential documents.
EDI offers customers advantages such as increased efficiency, data accuracy, and reduced costs for paper-based transactions and manual labour. Reducing paper usage and manual processes also contributes to a more environmentally friendly approach to business operations.
In addition, EDI improves inventory management, enhances communication, and provides better customer service. As businesses grow and the volume of transactions increases, EDI can easily accommodate the higher load without significant increases in complexity or resources improving customer service and giving customers a competitive advantage. Adopting EDI can lead to more streamlined and effective business processes.
3. MT Direct – Manitoulin Transport’s MT Direct portal is a web-based platform that improves customer transportation processes. It offers a user-friendly interface to easily obtain real-time rate quotes based on specific shipment requirements, enabling customers to make informed decisions regarding costs and timelines. Customers can also schedule a pickup, and track their shipments throughout the process. This helps save time and effort compared to traditional methods of contacting carriers via phone or email.
The platform facilitates efficient communication and enables the automation of various documentation processes. Customers can exchange messages, share important shipment details, and address any questions directly within MT Direct helping streamline the communication process. Customers can generate shipping labels, bills of lading, and other necessary paperwork electronically. This reduces manual paperwork, minimizes errors, and improves overall efficiency.
In addition, the platform offers analytics and reporting features, providing customers with valuable insights into shipping patterns, costs, and performance. This information can help customers optimize their transportation strategies, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions that support their transportation and logistics needs.
MT Direct’s API interface allows customers to automate quoting, pickup requests, BOL creation, labels, ETA, and shipment status requests.
4. Shipment tracking notifications – Manitoulin Transport offers shipment notifications for an improved customer experience. The technology provides enhanced functionality, giving customers improved visibility of their shipments by letting them know when their shipment was picked up, in transit, at the destination terminal, out for delivery, or delivered. The shipment notifications are available by email or text, in both French and English.
This new feature allows customers to subscribe to the notifications that are important to them. They can receive as much, or as little, information as they want. Having this information gives customers increased visibility and improves the shipping experience.
5. Fully redundant disaster recovery plan – Manitoulin Transport recognizes the critical importance of IT infrastructure and data protection. To ensure business continuity and minimize the impact of potential IT disasters, Manitoulin Transport has a fully redundant IT disaster recovery plan.
The company employs data replication techniques to ensure real-time data synchronization between primary and secondary data centers. This replication process ensures that data is continuously backed up and readily available for recovery. Critical systems and applications have redundant components, such as servers, storage, and networking equipment. If a component fails, the redundant system takes over seamlessly, minimizing downtime and ensuring continuous service availability.
Manitoulin Transport conducts regular testing and simulation exercises to validate the effectiveness of its IT disaster recovery plan. These tests involve simulating various disaster scenarios, evaluating the recovery process, and identifying any potential weaknesses or areas for improvement.
Having robust disaster recovery measures in place benefits customers by maintaining service availability, safeguarding data, reducing operational downtime, and mitigating financial losses. By implementing a fully redundant IT disaster recovery plan, Manitoulin Transport demonstrates its commitment to ensuring the availability, integrity, and security of its IT systems and data.
Manitoulin Transport’s full suite of technology solutions including TMS, EDI, API, MT Direct, shipment notifications, and a fully redundant disaster recovery plan ensures reliable and effective transportation and logistics services for its customers, contributing to operational efficiency and an improved customer experience.